R5 first impressions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EQ66 New Member • Posts: 17
R5 first impressions

Trying to learn the ropes with this beauty.  I shoot Sony 7R4, but I had a couple of canon EF F4 lens that I use and love.  Got my R5 this past Saturday and been playing with settings and menus.  It's a solid camera, the shutter sound is a whisper, my 50's eyes could not tell a difference in the viewfinder compared to the Sony. Battery was rapidly dwindling just taking pictures and got to 50% in a couple of hours (without transmitting to my phone, took 50-70 pic).  The 24-70 F2.8 is a gorgeous lens and really creamy in the bokeh. Love the touch screen (absent in the Sony), disappointing that the quick menu button can not be modified ?!. Autofocus is a breeze. I need to play a lot more with it and find the nooks a crannies. Some samples are in order, had to use adobe DNG to convert and mostly run of the mill stuff.

Congratulations Canon, its a Joy of a camera.

5000 ISO , without noise reduction

EQ66's gear list:EQ66's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Canon EOS R5
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow