Anyone else hoping this??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
diness Veteran Member • Posts: 3,561
Anyone else hoping this??

Is anyone else hoping this whole video fiasco drives prices of the R5 and R6 down faster?  I would love to pick up an R6 myself, but I was hoping it would drop down to around $2000 at some point (although I don’t think it is priced poorly at launch, I just don’t want to spend that much).  At first I worried that with these high specs and high demand, the price might take a longer time to go down.  Now with all the video stuff being on YouTube and overheating and all that I’m wondering if demand will go down a bit and prices may drop sooner than I would have thought?  I am not personally bothered by the news because I don’t do super long video clips (I do use video, but probably only 30% of the time or so, and my clips are usually less than 5 minutes).  Anyone else thinking that a quicker price drop might be possible now?  Or do you think demand will stay high despite all the bad press?

diness's gear list:diness's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM
Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow