Adapter for Nikon lenses

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
clarnibass Senior Member • Posts: 2,175
Adapter for Nikon lenses

Hi

I'm almost sure I'm going to get the A7R IV but need to use it with a Nikon lens. I use a microscope lens with a Nikon 200mm tube lens. It's a manual focus lens so no need for AF and the aperture ring is on the lens. There is no native Sony lens to replace it and even if there was it wouldn't cost as much as that Nikon which is excellent.

I need an adapter and there are many. Some very expensive with all the AF and aperture features. Some cheap with or without any features. Many get some very bad reviews, like getting stuck, fitting poorly, not focusing to infinity (critical for my use as the lens is focused to infinity for this purpose).

Has anyone actually tried manual adapters and can say one is definitely good and won't cause problems?
The two decent manual ones seem to be the Metabones and Vello.
Leaning towards the Metabones just because it doesn't have an aperture ring which I don't need anyway so less things to go wrong...

It's a bit absurd but without that adapter the A7R would be unusable for the main purpose I'm getting it for

Thanks

Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow