Any reason to go 5DIV over R5?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mikeyL
mikeyL Contributing Member • Posts: 935
Re: Any reason to go 5DIV over R5?

I currently shoot with a 5DSr, so cannot justify the change to R5 on the basis of resolution. But there are so many more upgrades, with the improved AF, IBIS for stability, no MFA to worry about, better FPS, better high ISO, better DR, and ability to migrate to RF system , which is clearly where Canon will be putting the majority of their lens development efforts going forward. So if you can afford it, I think the R5 is a no-brainer.

And as stated above, if money is an object, the EOS R is a good choice. As far as reliability goes, the R5 is going to be on the same level than the 5D MK IV or better. As an example the R5 shutter is rated for 500,000 cycles - that is higher than the 5D Mk IV and the matches the highest spec Canon gives out for shutter life on any of it's stills cameras (including the 1DX Mk III). It is over 3x the Canon 5D Mk IV spec of 150,000. I feel any worries about how robust the camera might prove to be will prove to be unfounded...

ML

mikeyL's gear list:mikeyL's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow