Fuji X-Pro3 Dynamic Range

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
imageswest Regular Member • Posts: 374
Fuji X-Pro3 Dynamic Range

I was looking at the dynamic range of various Fuji cameras on Bill Claff's Photons to Photos web site, and I was quite surprised at how the X-Pro3 performs at ISO 400 and above compared to the rest of the lineup. This seems to be even better than many full-frame cameras, so I wonder why there hasn't been much (or any?) discussion of this.

As far as I can determine, the X-T3 has the same X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 processing chip as the X-Pro3, so what has Fuji done to boost the performance of the X-Pro3?  Even more importantly, have they applied the same "secret sauce" to the X-T4?

If the X-T4 has the same performance boost as the X-Pro3, I would be really tempted to buy one despite its silly selfie-screen.

imageswest's gear list:imageswest's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R +16 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow