Alternative to AirPods Pro... kinda

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Martin Ocando
Martin Ocando Veteran Member • Posts: 6,434
Alternative to AirPods Pro... kinda

This is another non-photography-specific mention of a product I was just sent for review, and they specifically oferred a discount code for DPReview members, so to avoid breaking the forum rules, and if you are interested in the product, just PM me and I'll send you the discount codes.

The product link is from Amazon, so within DPR realm: https://amzn.to/3i1tKJ7

These are a cool set of noise canceling earbuds, much like the new AirPods Pro costing 6 times more, and quite frankly very comfortable to use, although I'm not an in-ear advocate. I prefer the regular AirPods, but I understand that you won't be able to isolate yourself if you don't seal that ear canal. So, with the 4 tips included, I'm sure you'll find one that fits your ear geometry. Sadly, noise canceling only works for calls, and not for everything else. It would have been great if it were active all the time, so you could potentially use it on a long flight. But again, earbuds battery life is limited, so it makes more sense to use a full sized NC over-the-ear headphone when air traveling.

Other than that, IPX7 certified, so you can use them while exercising, and Buetooth 5.0, so the range is pretty good. Maybe too good. More than once I was very far away from them, and they still were connected when I didn't want to.

Hope you find it useful.

-- hide signature --

Martin
"One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it" - Galen Rowell

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow