Blurring water (slow shutter) -- I did it!!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
JustUs7 Contributing Member • Posts: 880
Re: Blurring water (slow shutter) -- I did it!!

ButchA61 wrote:

Thank you all. I am going to try this again (if it doesn't rain today) later this afternoon/dusk at that nearby park. As you can guess I am still learning my ways around all the DSLR functions. It's rather funny... I experiment with it and learn by trial & error, and eventually I'll figure it out. My wife on the other hand, has no desire and keeps the D3500 on "Auto" all the time whenever she uses it. ...whatever...

I look at so many amazing photos on this site, and thankfully they have the EXIF details, so I can see the focal length, aperture, shutter, and ISO. So then I can remember the settings and try something similar as a guideline. I guess it's safe to say that it's good to learn from others!

Same.  My wife really has an eye for the moment, but she wants the camera to just get it right.  Doesn't want to have to, "fiddle with the settings all the time."  Fortunately, in most circumstances the camera is pretty good at getting it right.

JustUs7's gear list:JustUs7's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow