Upgrade route from A6000

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PaulDuggan New Member • Posts: 14
Upgrade route from A6000

I have a A6000 that I bought five years ago and I've been happy with, but I'm now feeling the need to upgrade (although stick with APS-C). As much as I like the A6000 though I'm not convinced that either the A6400 or the A6600 are the cameras I want to upgrade to.

I'm kind-of sold on the 16-55 f2.8G if I'm sticking with the Sony ecosystem, but I'm wary of the lack of any stabilisation in combination with the A6400. Having to part with an extra £500 for the A6600 and then getting a (reltively) inferior IBIS and no fill-in flash isn't very appealing though. Also, both of these cameras still have the same shoddy menu system and rolling shutter video issues as the A6000. I can part with A6600 money, but if I'm going to do that then I think I'm entitled to expect to wave goodbye to those issues in 2020. I just don't think that the A6600 justifies it's pricetag (even with the current cashback offer).

What makes me want to stick with Sony is the autofocus, which I love and know is even better in the more modern versions, and my investment in prime and long lenses. I'm having my head turned by the Fuji XT-4 though. So, if you were in my shoes, would you

1. Compromise on the A6400 and live with the lack of stabilisation on an otherwise fantastic lens (which I would be using probably 70% of the time).
  2. Sell-up and go Fuji.
  3. Wait (how long??) to see what a new Sony APS-C offering might look like.

To reiterate though, FF is not an option for me.

Edit: Sorry, I just realised this is in the wrong forum. Is there any way I can get it moved?

PaulDuggan's gear list:PaulDuggan's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow