XH1 weather sealing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vcxz Forum Member • Posts: 54
XH1 weather sealing

So I got caught in a rainstorm today. No big deal, have a waterproof backpack and didn’t take my camera out. Some heavy rain did get into my bag as I was getting my raincoat out. By the time I got home and took out my XH1 there was water on my Ape Case. No big deal, camera and lens are weather sealed. I turn it on and the battery is dead. I swap in a new one and it’s buzzing, and the indicator light is flashing red. I take out the memory cards and one is wet. The old battery feels moist.

I’m letting it dry overnight and hoping for the best but maybe this is the universe telling me it’s time for an XT4. I’m generally in good health, etc. so if losing a clearanced XH1 to water damage is my biggest tragedy I will get over it.

But I’m really surprised how water got into the memory card slot. Anyone heard of this happening before? Are the seals worthless or was it condensation from the Ape Case that got wet? Sensor and lens look okay. I could be wrong but it looks like after the Ape Case got wet, water seeped into every nook and cranny of the camera.

vcxz's gear list:vcxz's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-T4 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon 85mm F1.8G +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow