A7S III Brings A Lot Of New Features & Improvements | Future Looks Good for Sony APS-C Too

Started Jul 30, 2020 | Discussions thread
FlyinDoc Regular Member • Posts: 342
Re: A7S III Brings A Lot Of New Features & Improvements | Future Looks Good for Sony APS-C Too

GaryW wrote:

FlyinDoc wrote:

It was obvious that the reason for the recycled sensor and half-hearted A6100/6400/6600 was to protect the A7SIII.

Why, because if someone had those in an APS-C camera, they wouldn't buy an A7SIII?

The video specs have hardly changed since A7S2. They have confirmed a FF first philosophy, which means all video improvements would first come in their FF video oriented camera.

I'd rather have an APS-C camera with an EVF than a FF camera without one. That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, unless you're talking about something like an RX-1. Maybe they could squeeze an EVF in there like on the RX-100? Anyway, if they can make something similar to the A6600 but with a FF sensor and only charge a couple of hundred more for it, I think we have a winner. Otherwise, too many compromises just muddies the water.
What is USP?

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

Unique Selling Proposition

FlyinDoc's gear list:FlyinDoc's gear list
Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony a6300 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow