Help with ND & CP

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BISCUT Regular Member • Posts: 358
Help with ND & CP

Headed to Acadia National Park end of August.  The Maine coast provides an amazingly rough seascape for epic photos.  I'm planning some tripod time with the Z7 and 24-70 2.8 with Nisi ND and CP filters.

I get bright light CP use but I am new to the ND world.  I use to use a graduated ND but that was a long time ago with a D90.  I figure my seascapes will be with a ND8 as the light falls....What I'm not anywhere near comfortable with is the shutter speed.  I'll be in M mode.  I was thinking 3 seconds but I've heard 8 might be the way to go with lower light to calm the waters.....

What has been your experience?

Has anyone ditched the ND and used the CP in these type of conditions?  I'm assuming CP best for higher sun angles and brighter daylight.  I've never used one for a fading light situation.

My goal is at least 1 photo worthy of a 16x20 canvas or print and frame for my bedroom.

BISCUT's gear list:BISCUT's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +14 more
Nikon D90 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow