Anyone try the Apo Macro Elmarit-R 100 mm lens for portraits?

Started Aug 2, 2020 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kartikmani2000 Regular Member • Posts: 137
Anyone try the Apo Macro Elmarit-R 100 mm lens for portraits?

I am a previous M9p-only shooter, currently dividing my time between M and L mounts. I am predominantly using a used SL with novoflex adapters to m and r lenses. I currently am using my m-lenses (50-summilux asph and 21-elmarit) as well as have acquired some R lenses (2-cam 135 elmarit and E60 80-200 F4). The problem is that I was missing a shallow enough portrait lens.

After considering the 1.4/85 contax, the 1.4/80 luxR, 1.4/75 luxM and the multitude of non-apo 90-crons, finally decided to go for a suitably priced Macro Elmarit 100 (hopefully here with me on 8/6)

While there is a ton of data with the SL and other gear using this lens as a macro, I barely found any for portraits. I was wondering if this was a good idea or another 4 figure error of judgement?

Kartikmani2000's gear list:Kartikmani2000's gear list
Leica M9-P Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica Elmarit-M 21mm f/2.8 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
FinePix S1 Pentax Optio E60
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow