Billingham camera bags ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Phil A Martin Senior Member • Posts: 1,317
Re: Billingham camera bags ??

tassienick wrote:

SonyOB wrote:

I do have an opinion about the Billingham brand.
They are not adequate camera bags. They offer no protection against dust or moisture. The pouches do not keep stuff securely in place. You need to get the insides from another manufacturer if you want to keep your material from scratching against each other.

Im not sure which Billingham you were using, but my Hadley Small has offered fantastic protection against dust and moisture (including half dozen trips to Malaysia during the wet season), nothing has ever fallen out of a pouch, and the inserts and dividers have been of great quality and work exactly as they should, and nothing has ever scratched against anything... YMMV.

I have had two of them. I gave them away to photographing family members.
Now I am looking for yet another bag and probably my choice is the 13" Peak Designs everyday bag. I have had the 15" as my everyday bag for three years now. The person(s) who designed it have clearly used it themselves.
There is a certain functionality I have not met in any other make.
This is an opinion based on my own daily use.

I suppose one of the great things about Billingham is the fact that there has been little change in design for over thirty years. Which other company still sells spare parts for bags that old?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow