Billingham camera bags ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
The Grumpy Snapper Regular Member • Posts: 382
Re: Billingham camera bags ??

tassienick wrote:

57even wrote:

Phil A Martin wrote:

I recently decided to replace the dividers in my Billingham 550 camera bag, bought second hand in mint condition some time in the early 1990s and was shocked to find that three inserts and one flap came to £60.00, at least that was until I checked the price of a replacement bag, which cost £600.00. Now I've always thought of these bags as being pricey but I don't recall them being that expensive in the past. I've not looked at their prices for a decade or so, I know they did a budget series for a few years between 2003-06, the "Venture" bags but these days Billingham seem to be heading into the Veblen Goods market, rather than marketing to the general population.

I've always thought they looked good, especially in comparison with other manufacturers but I've never really though them that great as camera bags, too many open pockets for things to tumble out of.

What do other people think? Are they worth the money, do you like them as bags, what alternatives would you recommend?

Utter waste of money, IMO.

If you want something fairly stylish but discrete, Domke still make some nice canvas bags that can take a beating, and their inserts are half the price.

I love Domke and own several, but their inserts are awful...

Depending on which bags you have check out the Ciesta padded inserts. I use spare Tenba Pro Pak dividers to divide the Ciesta inserts rather than the Ciesta dividers.

-- hide signature --

It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it. I wonder if carpenters list the hammers they use on carpentry forums.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow