Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Toermalijn
Toermalijn Forum Pro • Posts: 16,521
Re: Wacom Cintiq vs Wacom Tablet and what size for photo retouching

Digitalshooter2 wrote:

bananahead wrote:

Digitalshooter2 wrote:

bananahead wrote:

As part of enjoying the fun of working from home, I decided to teach myself to use a tablet. I watched a lot of youtube videos and bought an Intuos Pro Medium. I then spent about the next two weeks editing an out-take each day. At the start, I just wanted to give up but now, I am almost fluent.

This is good to know. Do you like this setup better than the mouse? Do you think medium tablet is about the right size for you? How big is your monitor?

My monitor is 27" and the tablet seems to be the right size.

Doing things like dodge and burn is so much nicer with a tablet.

I have setup the wheel and buttons on the Wacom to do zooming mostly. Full screen, 100%....that sort of thing.

Thank you all for so much good information. It did answer many questions but created a few more for me.

How important is it to have two monitors for photo editing? Currently i have one NEC multisynch 24 inch 2K monitor. I was thinking about moving to 4k 32 inch monitor. Now the question is, do I use both monitors or just one? what are the benefits and disadvantages of that set up and how that will impact size of the tablet decision?

Going to 4k will double the real estate on your monitor as opposed to the 2k monitor.

If you have a large 4k monitor, the necessity of 2 monitors is not that relevant anymore.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow