New 21mm DFA ltd lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Historicity Senior Member • Posts: 2,187
New 21mm DFA ltd lens

Reading that this lens is being longed for causes me to believe I don't understand it very well.  I do have a wide selection of Pentax ltds, probably most of them, including the HD DA 21mm f/3.2 which is given a very high rating by users on the Pentax user database.

While I have used small primes on my K1 and K1ii, I have thought of them as best used on AFS/C cameras.  I recently took a foray into Nikon, including Nikon AFS/C cameras but Nikon, disappointingly had no small primes to go with them.

So a question I now have is, do I have a need for the DFA 21mm?  I'm content to use the lightweight and excellent HD DA 21mm f/3.2 on my KP and the upcoming K-New.  Would the optics on the DFA21mm outclass the HD DA 21mm f/3.2 such that I would want to own one?  Would the WR make it seem desirable to own?  As to the first question, I don't believe that the HD DA 21mm could be outclassed at f/3.2.  And while WR is always desirable, I find that I don't go out hiking when its raining.  And on days when rain "might" occur, I take one of my WR zooms.

As to using the DFA 21mm on my K1ii . . . I can't quite get my mind around that yet.  I do have a lot of F and FA primes that I've used on my K1 and K1ii -- many with very good results.  Perhaps the idea of owning a DFA 21 for use on my K1ii might grow on me if others used it in ways that I might and found it spectacular.

As to those who look forward to owning this lens, I would be interested in what their thoughts are.  Do they plan to use it on both their APS/C K-New and K1/K1ii cameras?

Lawrence

Historicity's gear list:Historicity's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Olympus E-1 +124 more
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow