Surprising Canon EOS RP vs Olympus E-M5 III comparison test

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
rochester21 Senior Member • Posts: 1,212
Re: Picking Cherries

onlyfreeman wrote:

Sensors have been really good for a while now, there will only be minor improvements unless there's some breakthrough technology. So does that mean upgrades are pointless because image quality is basically the same? I guess for some people that will be the case.

Personally I want better AF, ergonomics, lens selection, durability, innovative features etc.

This man is right. Makes perfect sense. What people don't understand is that sensor development is very difficult, very few companies can afford to pour so much money into R&D in order to come up with a new one ever 12 months.

Of course sensors are being reused and reworked in order to offer small gains here and there, so what's the problem?

Cameras today are as good as it gets. My only gripe is the cost of quality optics and the low quality of kit lens. But i get it, that's the money maker.

For amateurs, cameras like sony's rx line and basically all m4/3 gear is more than enough to satisfy a lifetime of hobby photography.

I am not ashame to say this, i use a 8 year old sony rx100 and not only i am happy with iso 1600-3200 performance and AF speed and precision, but i am still learning to master the camera. The camera is so good it made me sloppy.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow