Lumix G9 or Sony A7 III?

Started Jul 27, 2018 | Questions thread
Daneland
Daneland Contributing Member • Posts: 592
Re: Lumix G9 or Sony A7 III?

I had a G9 ( it was an impulsive purchase as I had GH5 as well) and ended up selling it.

I used it for 8 months and I loved it, it has much better handling than GH5 ( at least for me) I loved its ergonomics . I sold it instead of my GH5 since GH5 has better video features and wanted to keep a MFT for video works I am planning to do. I will keep my GH5 and Pen EPL9)  Oly 12-40 Pro,14-42 , fantastic plastic 40-150, 42.5 f 1.8 and Pany 25 1.7 for video work and portability (EPL9 fits in my pocket).

I think GH5 and G9 are both fantastic cameras, especially if you consider their cost. They answer my rookie needs more than enough. But eventually I will get a FF camera, likely it will be Nikon Z or Canon R when they become more affordable.

In the end only thing I can advise you, try to buy your equipment when there is a good deal around. If you do that way, you will not lose too much money and can move from one to another.

-- hide signature --
 Daneland's gear list:Daneland's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic GH5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow