A thread of photos from SmartPhones ..

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Merlin5 Regular Member • Posts: 212
Re: A thread of photos from SmartPhones ..

Mark_A wrote:

Merlin5 wrote:

I really like that panorama, Mark, very tasteful. I only bought my first dslr camera a few weeks ago so am a photography beginner. However, here are some photos I took with my Samsung S6 in 2015.

Hi Merlin5, Samsung are supposed to be better than average cameras. It interests me that it seems to have coped with your three low light images quite well. Did you adjust anything or just point and shoot?

Mark_A

Mark, yes, the cameras in that S6 and my current Samsung S7 Edge are pretty impressive for phone cameras. As far as I can remember I just pointed and shot, particularly as I knew nothing about camera settings like I know today. I've just looked at the exif of the photos and it looks like I put them through Photoshop. However I don't recall what processing I might have done. Also, the exif says exposure mode and white balance were auto.  There's a macro setting in the camera  that I must have used for the butterfly and bee.

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow