Billingham camera bags ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,468
Re: Billingham camera bags ??

Phil A Martin wrote:

I recently decided to replace the dividers in my Billingham 550 camera bag, bought second hand in mint condition some time in the early 1990s and was shocked to find that three inserts and one flap came to £60.00, at least that was until I checked the price of a replacement bag, which cost £600.00. Now I've always thought of these bags as being pricey but I don't recall them being that expensive in the past. I've not looked at their prices for a decade or so, I know they did a budget series for a few years between 2003-06, the "Venture" bags but these days Billingham seem to be heading into the Veblen Goods market, rather than marketing to the general population.

I've always thought they looked good, especially in comparison with other manufacturers but I've never really though them that great as camera bags, too many open pockets for things to tumble out of.

What do other people think? Are they worth the money, do you like them as bags, what alternatives would you recommend?

It's about feel and appreciation really. No more durable than any number of other bags out there but more expensive. Certainly works of art to be appreciated, but you pay for the art as well as the functionality and even the functionality is probably exceeded elsewhere. But man are they gorgeous.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow