Your three favorite (wide, normal and tele) adapted lenses?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Travis Butler
Travis Butler Senior Member • Posts: 1,393
Re: Your three favorite (wide, normal and tele) adapted lenses?

lattesweden wrote:

We all have many lenses, but if you only can choose three adapted favorite lenses spread like one wide, one normal and one tele lens, which ones would you pick?
And also state which sensor size you intend to use them for?

These are all for M4/3.

Wide (although it's more of a 'normal' on M4/3) is still the OM Zuiko 24/2.8. Combines crisp IQ, small size/weight, and a great mechanical design (ergonomics/build quality/smooth focus/aperture).

Midrange: Very hard to pick just one. There's a lot of primes in the 40-55 range that I like, but none that stands head-and-shoulders above the others. If I were choosing only one lens for the midrange, I'd probably pick the MD 35-70/3.5 Macro. It's not perfect; some lenses beat it in capturing tonal shades, and it's slower than I'd like. But it's versatile, covering a good focal range and the 'macro' giving some close-focusing capability; it's reasonably balanced and handles pretty well even on a smaller camera like the Pen-F; the mechanics are nice; and it has great IQ, even if it can't quite match some primes.

Tele is hard, because I don't shoot tele all that often. The tele I always carry around in my bag, though, is the OM Zuiko 100/2.8. Again, not a perfect lens; but it's small and light enough to always have with me, it gives me some tele reach, has the traditional OM Zuiko ergonomics and build quality, and still does quite well on the IQ front.

-- hide signature --

Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_prof67/ Warning: Heavy Learning in progress.

Travis Butler's gear list:Travis Butler's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix A Pentax Q Pentax K-50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow