5D mark IV vs R6 vs R5

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
1Dx4me Veteran Member • Posts: 9,596
Re: 5D mark IV vs R6 vs R5

CameraCarl wrote:

I am quite happy with my 5D Mark IV and the six or seven lenses I have and would not even be considering the mirrorless cameras, except: I'm now 72 years old and those new lightweight supertelephoto lenses and extended zoom range lenses provide the opportunity to reduce the amount of weight I have to carry and provide even more "reach" than I am getting now. So if I had unlimited money, I'd be placing an order right now. Unfortunately I don't have unlimited cash reserves, so I will wait until either my cameras or my lenses or my back break.

same here, Carl. we are almost the same age and my newly acquired 5DsR is serving me just fine. i am using it daily and get some real nice result. my 1Dx and 5DsR are too much camera for my capabilities to begin with, although i wouldn't mind picking up a R5 down the road but not for light weight purpose. believe me, my 5DsR feels a lot lighter that my 1Dx, no comparison.

there are 2 lenses that canon has introduced in R format that i lust after a lot and those being 100500mm zoom and 85mm f1.2 (DS) USM. i would love to get my hands on those 2, someday. good day.

regards.

-- hide signature --

We are ephemeral dreamers, like surfers on evanescent waves!!!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow