I don’t think there is a high MP sensor yet.

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PGSanta Regular Member • Posts: 443
I don’t think there is a high MP sensor yet.

The R5 is very clearly a stills oriented product. If it turns out the DR of the new sensor is at least as good as Sony’s comparable offerings, and it’s IBIS implementations turn out to offer a real advantage with low-light hand held use, combined with the superiority of Canon RF glass, I think they’d have the clear leader in photography.

That said, a high resolution model would leverage that end of the market even further, while at the same time making video production less significant to a section of the R platform.

Given what we know about the way the R5 functions as a video first product; I think it would have made much, much more sense to lead with a high MP model with lower video expectations to begin with. Yet, they lead with the R5, which in my opinion has been poorly marketed.

Im left wondering why, and the only explanations I can come up with lead me to conclude that it’s very likely there is no high MP sensor, or that the R might possibly BE that high MP sensor.

PGSanta's gear list:PGSanta's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow