I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RaajS Veteran Member • Posts: 6,579
Re: I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

David V wrote:

In years past, I had been a Nikon DSLR shooter. Back in 2012, I switched over to Fuji and really enjoyed the output and experience. I have since moved back to Nikon with the Z7 and their great S line lenses.

Last fall, I jumped into the Leica fray with a Q2. To say that I am smitten with this camera is an understatement. Not only is it a joy to shoot, but the image quality is incredible. More than that, there is just a certain quality to the images that is so satisfying. I can't put my finger on it, but it's so pleasing, that I hesitate to shoot with anything else these days.

That's where the trouble begins.......After reading everything I can find and looking at countless sample images, I have been lusting over the SL2 and a couple of Leica L lenses (specifically the 24-90 and the 35/2), which would cover 90% of what I shoot and thinking about moving in that direction and going all in on Leica and the L mount system, which provides the option of a lot of really good, affordable glass from multiple manufacturers to fill in some other areas that I shoot less often (super wide and super long), while using the pure Leica glass for the 90% of my work.

Anyone else go down this path?

No, but considering the symptoms you are experiencing, I'd strongly recommend staying away from the Monochroms or the M10 for fear of making things much worse...

Good luck with you SL2!

Cheers,
-raaj
---------------------------------------
http://www.raajshinde.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow