I want a D850 | Ticket to the Titanic?

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crashwins Contributing Member • Posts: 821
I want a D850 | Ticket to the Titanic?

Cameras aren't investments in the sense that the ROI should be based on income and enjoyment you could get out of them; you don't buy them to appreciate and flip, of course. But, at the same time, no one wants to buy into dead-end technology.

Being a disaffected Sony user,  I am wondering about purchasing a D850. The Z just isn't there with their lenses, but I also don't want to buy a D850 and in 18 months think about selling it but find it's worth peanuts. I think that's reasonable. And if you listen to the internet rabble, Nikon is going to be bankrupt (!).

There's no doubt that DSLRs aren't as popular as they were one -- owed largely to smartphones and mirrorless -- but are we anticipating their being around for many years to come? The D850 would be a big purchase for me. And if I do decide to hop on the Z after a few more lens releases, I would want to get a reasonable sale price for it..Thanks

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow