Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
quiquae Senior Member • Posts: 1,936
Re: it's over

Rakumi wrote:

SQLGuy wrote:

Rakumi wrote:

I was referring to if Canon abandoned the EF system

I know. I just think you're being unrealistic to expect a 3rd party company to create something that's a better EF mount DSLR than the 5DIV.

It would be possible if say Canon drops the EF system say in a month and another company starts work to simply improve on the 5D line a year from now. They would not even nees to make it super advance. It could even only have 1080p video but people would buy for the photography side if they are part of the EF system.

What makes you think your hypothetical DSLR white knight can deliver a 5D4 successor in one year when Pentax, which has actually been building DSLRs for heaven knows how long, can’t replicate a 5D4’s performance on full frame? I mean, K-1 does have nice features missing from 5D4 like IBIS, but at 4.4fps, it is clearly much less of an all-purpose camera than the 5D4, and it is not as if Pentax is applying a cripple hammer to it to make room for a higher-end action camera.

quiquae's gear list:quiquae's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow