I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
BWJunkie Regular Member • Posts: 447
Re: I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

David V wrote:

In years past, I had been a Nikon DSLR shooter. Back in 2012, I switched over to Fuji and really enjoyed the output and experience. I have since moved back to Nikon with the Z7 and their great S line lenses.

Last fall, I jumped into the Leica fray with a Q2. To say that I am smitten with this camera is an understatement. Not only is it a joy to shoot, but the image quality is incredible. More than that, there is just a certain quality to the images that is so satisfying. I can't put my finger on it, but it's so pleasing, that I hesitate to shoot with anything else these days.

My experience is similar to yours, except I have the Leica M and Q.

That's where the trouble begins.......After reading everything I can find and looking at countless sample images, I have been lusting over the SL2 and a couple of Leica L lenses (specifically the 24-90 and the 35/2), which would cover 90% of what I shoot and thinking about moving in that direction and going all in on Leica and the L mount system, which provides the option of a lot of really good, affordable glass from multiple manufacturers to fill in some other areas that I shoot less often (super wide and super long), while using the pure Leica glass for the 90% of my work.

Anyone else go down this path?

No, but I hope I will have enough willpower to run the opposite direction.

Tim C.

BWJunkie's gear list:BWJunkie's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow