Postcards from New Zealand

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 10,985
Re: Postcards from New Zealand

fujiian wrote:

deednets wrote:

fujiian wrote:

Awesome shots, deednets. Particularly like the first and last ones.

I'm curious – you mentioned owning both the 16mm 1.4 and the 14mm 2.8 – I have the 14 and was thinking about picking up the 16, but have been unable to justify it as I have the 16-55.

Do you like having both? How does their interplay work for your photography? Clearly it works well, just curious how they both work for ya

I use the 16/1.4 also for other stuff e.g. demi-macro shots since it is only a 24mm FF but has some good subject isolation. Would do portraits with the 16mm but not with the 14mm.

If I only had to own one, it would be the 16/1.4.

As you can see here: the 16mm is already quite wide

Deed

Damn, love this shot too. Really peaceful, smooth, and colorful.

Your rationale makes perfect sense, thanks for sharing. I'm torn – the 14 is razor sharp, but it hardly comes out unless the stars align perfectly with the shot I'm going for. The 16 is very wide but can do sooo much more, as you stated.

My personal dream combo for wide-angles would be the Mighty 16 paired with a Mark II 10-24 (if such a thing ever comes into existence).

The 10-24 has HUGE distortion at the wider end ... something to keep in mind.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow