I’m still not sure how to proceed!!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Ad12 Contributing Member • Posts: 537
Re: Lens Test

So after much posting and reading I’ve decided I need to decide between my preference for OVF or EVF wildlife and BiF. I prefer EVF for everything else. But I do like the OVF. So I’ve got two options - trade my 800d for a 7dii or 80d, where I can adjust autofocus tracking and get a bigger VF. OR, trade my 800d an XT3. The basic model/none adjustable 800d needs to go.

The way to test this! Buy a fringer Pro ii, then I can use my Tamron 100-400 on my DSLR and also my XT30 side by side. Not an 80d or XT3, but a good EVF vs OVF comparison. Although the XT30 has customisable AF and my t7i doesn’t so I won’t be too harsh on the keeper rate.

The reason I’m willing to buy the fringer pro ii? Fujis macro lens is 1000pounds USED. My awesome sigma 105mm OS macro which i already own, with the fringer, would save a LOT of money. And the XF 55-200 is 500pounds used, I already own an EF-s 55-250 So I can save 1600pounds with the fringer (until I can afford the real deal).

Thats the plan! One things for sure! I NEED two bodies. And this will be my XT30, plus either an 80d or an XT3.

Sound sensible from those with more experience?

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow