Viltrox 23mm 1.4 Mark II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
fujiian
fujiian Regular Member • Posts: 193
Re: Viltrox 23mm 1.4 Mark II

alekt449 wrote:

MatMayer wrote:

It's a sign of weakness that they are bringing out a mark 2 so soon after the first. But I have to take my hat off to them for being open about all the niggles and so willing to fix what they can.

They should surely make the aperture ring clickable, with there being no reason for it to be smooth i.e. aperture still steps instead of changing smoothly.

I think it is very welcome for such a small 3rd party company to improve so fast an already very good product. We are asking Fujifilm for better 1.4 lenses suitable for video for years now...

Exactly. The clickless aperture is wonderful for video. While Fuji has been successful in supercharging the video features in their most recent cameras, it's a known fact that the video capabilities of their lenses lag far behind the new bodies.

I will gladly welcome any Mark II lenses, and this is the second Viltrox to get the treatment so far, the other being the 85. Very intriguing. I don't understand how this could perturb anyone other than Mark I owners.

fujiian's gear list:fujiian's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow