Do Not Buy the SquareHood for Use With the X100v and Filter..not yet!

Started Mar 17, 2020 | Discussions thread
Wildabobalore Regular Member • Posts: 405
Re: Do Not Buy the SquareHood for Use With the X100v and Filter..not yet!

alexchan wrote:

SquareHood have very bad customer service. I got the hood and now with their new adapter ring. Has to pay shipping for the new adapter ring. It was their design fault for the hood not working right but I still have to pay shipping to get the update ring.

Then I found out another issue, I can't tighten the screw on the hood. It could be the screw too small or the hole is big. I think it is defective. I contacted SquareHood and want to send it back but them to have a look (with my own shipping cost). They are not willing to do refund or exchange. Basically, I paid for a SquareHood that is not working, money wasted!

Their hood is nice but their customer service is terrible, also no warranty on their product. Once they ship out their product, they don't take any responsiblity if anything wrong.

So now, I gave up, I just use an adapter ring and a filter, no hood anymore.

I agree the quality control leaves a lot to be desired. I waited for the updated adapter ring and then went ahead and ordered it for my X100V.

I’ve run into some issues getting the hood to screw on as well. It seems like the filter I’m using is too thick and the hood doesn’t want to press all the way down. The adapter ring itself too arrived with what appeared to be some rust on it that I had to spend quite a bit of time cleaning off with a metal scrubbing pad.

Not too mention that there’s definitely some rough edges all around the ring and generally looks pretty unfinished. I’m not sure I would trust their claim that it would be able to maintain the Weather Resistant rating.

Sure does look nice though.

Wildabobalore's gear list:Wildabobalore's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X100V Sony a6000 Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow