Kids indoor prime lens

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Cagey75
Cagey75 Senior Member • Posts: 1,317
Re: Kids indoor prime lens

mzzyhmd wrote:

Hi,

I am going to buy XT3 in a couple of days but I am not so sure about the lenses I should get. Most important thing for me is fast focus to track a one year old, I also care about beautiful bokeh, color rendering and that special look. I want overall versatility to use indoors. Looking to buy two prime lenses for now.

23/2 and 50/2 is what I am considering

any thoughts?

Nice combination that, the 23 for your wider shots of the kids running about, gives you more space and wider angles make it easier to get more in focus at wider apertures.  The 50 is one of Fuji's sharpest lenses, it's also a nice focal length for more candid upper body shots.  You can be further back and still get more intimate pictures.   You'll get nicer bokeh using this too.  A nice compromise in between the 2 is the 35 F2 obviously, then you could add the 90mm or the increasingly popular budget friendly Viltrox 85mm 1.8 - I just got one of these delivered today and I'm impressed.  More an out door lens though, very tight inside but still possible to get upper body portraits in larger rooms.

Cagey75's gear list:Cagey75's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow