Shall I sell my 70-200 f4 and get 55-250 IS STM ?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wqrsta New Member • Posts: 4
Shall I sell my 70-200 f4 and get 55-250 IS STM ?

I've had a 7D for a while and getting back into using it.  I came to it from EOS 5 then 20D then 7D.  I bought it new with a 15-85 EFS which is OK for most of what I do but not wide enough for some stuff and too short for others.  I recently sold my 20-35 EF as it was gathering dust since getting the 20D and replaced it with a 10-18 EFS which gets me back a useful wide angle.

I did have a 70-210 EF 3.5/4.5 which I loved for portraits and general family photos with nice background blur.  Unfortunately I lost it and immediately bought a 70-200 f4 L thinking it was the best replacement.  That was a mistake.  It is so heavy I never want to take it out.

So the question is this, I now have 10-18 which I love for the true wide angle and am now contemplating selling the 70-200 f4L and replacing with 55-250 IS STM.  I mainly shoot the family, some flash portraits, landscape.  I don't do any sports but do like telephoto shots of family and figure the 55-250 would be a better bet with the lower weight and IS.  The way I look at it is the 70-200 f4L is a great lens but it doesn't help me if it stays at home all the time.

All advice and experience appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow