Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jayrandomer
jayrandomer Senior Member • Posts: 1,053
It's not wishful or hopeful

txsizzler wrote:

jayrandomer wrote:

tko wrote:

Petalpixel has announced there won't be a successor. Sad but expected. I wonder how low the price on the IV will go? That might be a smart move.

Petapixel doesn't make the 5D and so doesn't get to announce things.

They've reported a rumor that it's dead. It's not even their rumor. It's from Canon Rumors. This is a site, reporting on another site, reporting on what someone who has been termed 'a reliable source' has told them.

Wishful and hopeful thinking on your part. Lets face it, the 5D line is dead, and the R5 is now the new line. The sooner you accept, the sooner you will move on.

That said, my 5D IV will continue to serve me well for many years to come.

I'm 5-10 years removed from needing to upgrade again.  I suspect we'll have better information on any DSLR replacements by then, or without any, a better understanding of Canon's intentions.

No need to 'move on' 5 years ahead of time.  Especially based on something literally called 'Canon rumors'.

jayrandomer's gear list:jayrandomer's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow