Pristine but damaged secondhand X-T2. Keep it or return it, that is the question...

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
fujiian
fujiian Regular Member • Posts: 181
Re: Pristine but damaged secondhand X-T2. Keep it or return it, that is the question...

Hi Danika, and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear the description didn't match the item. Getting stuck with an item that isn't what you ordered is very frustrating, especially when the 'free remedy' is ~$100.

That being said, if I were you, I would be very hesitant to ship it back right away. You have an excellent warranty period, be that 6 months or 1 year, to diagnose if the flaw is solely cosmetic. It was smart of you to trace the serial number to Fuji's customer service, and hopefully that quells your worries of an underlying problem.

Speaking for my X-T2 – purchased decently used last April – it's a tank. It's survived a downpour on an Icelandic glacier, a dunk in a lily pond from a moped incident in Vietnam, and countless bumps, falls, and scratches. Works like new.

My advice would be to 1) get full clarification on their warranty and return policy, 2) save up for your first lens (might I recommend the 23mm F2 or 35mm 1.4 as a great first pair), and 3) pop it on to see if everything works, before beginning a costly return claim.

Cheers,

– i

fujiian's gear list:fujiian's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow