Olympus 40-150 Pro -- help re motion blur

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,785
Re: maybe solved - wrong polarizer?

snowline wrote:

Although I thought my camera had returned to normal because it had cooled down (from response above) further testing showed it was still wonky.

The next thing I tried was removing the polarizing filter and, fingers crossed, that seems to have done the job. (I put the polarizer on a couple of hours after the start of the day which more or less coincides with when the problems started. Hadn't dawned on me till now.)

It's an old, decent quality, and presumably linear polarizer that's the only thing left from my Pentax K1000 film camera. While it looks fine, removing it seems to eliminate the blur. And it's not just because of the faster shutter speed without the polarizer. Even with it on and bumping ISO to get the same shutter speed, the result is blurry as though the lens moved.

Hoping to have better results tomorrow without the polarizer. If so, I'll be very happy but also puzzled why my old polarizing filter didn't work.

Bob.

Well done Bob, Good luck shooting tomorrow, let us know how it goes

Dave

-- hide signature --
 Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Fujifilm X-T10 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow