Moving from 7D Mark ii to Micro 4/3

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,786
Re: Moving from 7D Mark ii to Micro 4/3

I have been very happy with the G9 since moving from FF, the 100-400 is a good lens for sure and I have taken some great shots with it (hand held) I also have the Oly 40-150 pro lens and it is stellar but not sure if it would have enough reach for you, with the 1.4 ext it is still a good set up and IQ drops just slightly to the pana 100-400 level but of course it is still only just over 400mm. The thing I have found with the 40-150 is that it is great when something occurs close and you have the equ of 80mm where as with the pana lens you are stuck with 200mm minimum. The Oly lens has replaced my other lenses for flower photography because of it`s close focus capability. You won`t be unhappy with the G9 IQ ( I have never used Oly bodies) and it will depend on how big you want to print but I`m always amazed how much I can crop the G9 images to give me a bit more reach.

Dave

-- hide signature --
 Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Fujifilm X-T10 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow