Photo editing software for PC users

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Thuja
Thuja Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: Photo editing software for PC users

Added:

I've learned that that there is a plugin or somesuch for GIMP (free image editing software) called GMIC. Also, it seems that RawTherapee (free) software has integration to GIMP.

https://www.mora-foto.it/en/tutorials-gimp/noise-reduction-with-gmic.html

Unfortuantely I do not currently have any experience with GMIC or RawTherapee software.

Ah, I should have read OP's post more clearly. The following below isn't a free producct.

Being new to photography, I had my eyes on DxO PhotoLab 3, but I have to rethink this because their best denoiser is not in the plain version, also I think, the perspective correction feature, also not in the plain version. I will have to think about this. I also have zero experience with DxO Photolab, so I don't actually know much about, other than somehow ending up having a positive impression of it. Also worth noting, the plain version allows for 2 (different?) product activations, while the elite version has three. Presumably, you can basically install the software unlimited times, as long as you stick to one or two installation/activations at a time, feel free to chine in on this particular issue. From what I read, and as I understand it, you can contact support and deactivate your product so that you can activate it anew on some other computer or somesuch.

I am currently working with an unorthodox setup, converting the panasonic .rw2 raw format to dng format (Adobe Digital Negative raw format) , which loads into Fusion (node based video compositing but I like it for still images for the best sample filter options found specifically in the resize node in particular).

I think I might very well go for DxO later, because I really want a good denoising feature. DxO also supports the raw format for the compact camera I bought recently, so that is nice.

-- hide signature --
 Thuja's gear list:Thuja's gear list
Panasonic ZS100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow