Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
quiquae Senior Member • Posts: 1,936
Re: it's over

Mark B. wrote:

DotCom Editor wrote:

tko wrote:

Petalpixel has announced there won't be a successor. Sad but expected. I wonder how low the price on the IV will go? That might be a smart move.

Only Canon can announce the fate or launch of Canon products. Petapixel can't announce anything; it can only report or serve up conjecture.

Semantics. You know tko meant they posted an article. Anyway, Canon Rumors CR2 are usually right.

Um, no. CR2 is "usually right" in the same way a broken clock is "usually right" twice a day.

Just for laughs (it's been a long day) I picked a random page from CR, which turned out to be from April 2019, and did a postmortem fact check on the next few CR2 articles.

tl;dr: CR2 was one-for-six in this period. Like I said, all the reliability of a broken clock.

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

Three fast RF prime lenses in early 2020! In reality this turned out to be one F2 and two F11's in mid 2020.

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

Yes, so unexpected that nobody has spotted one seven months after 2019 is over.

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

Well, the title seems to be true (although Canon hasn't said anything official), but the article body mentions an RF mount 7D mark II successor. Nothing of the sort has happened.

A Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM is on the way [CR2]

Coming sometime in 2020, they say. Oops! Only off by 300mm and four stops.

Canon announcements coming at the end of August [CR2]

This one turned out to be accurate: EOS 90D and M6 mark II.

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

Bwa-hahahahahahaha!!! Pull the other one!!!!

quiquae's gear list:quiquae's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow