Panasonic GX7 + 12-32mm, 20mm

Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
richj20 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,309
Panasonic GX7 + 12-32mm, 20mm

Many people  get excited about what is coming next in cameras. I realize that I tend to keep a camera as long as I am not dissatisfied with something about it.

The GX7 was my second M4/3 camera - I purchased it in 2015. It replaced one of my Panasonic G3 cameras when the LCD quit working.

The Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 was one of my two first lenses. The other was Panasonic 14-45mm which I still have, but favor the newer 12-32mm for the extra width, and small pancake style.

GX7 + 12-32mm. The thumb grip is an add-on, which mounts on the hot shoe

The GX7 and these two lenses are one of my favorite packages. The camera, with its tilting LVF and LCD, is a very convenient tool. I use the three Custom Modes for quick switching of setups.

I've taken it out a few times recently. All with 12-32 except as noted.

When walking through my neighborhood, I often photograph flowers - large to medium.

The on-board flash is very handy to illuminate a flower which is in partial shade. The Flash Exposure Compensation is easily accessible by pressing in the rear dial. My C2 mode is for flash, with AWB, and Silent Mode OFF.

Golden Columbine (Aquilegia chrysantha)

Last night I went out in my garden to photograph night blooming cacti using flash.

Peruvian Apple Cactus, (Cereus peruvianus. )

A brown widow spider (Latrodectus geometricus) has made a nest in the hollow of a fence post in my garden. Each evening she hangs out on one of her webs. The red hourglass is a lighter shade of red then that of a black widow. With flash.

At my local park/lake: Female Muscovy Duck and her brood. (Cairina moschata) . A great find: This is the first time I've seen Muscovy ducklings; they have not yet formed the red wattle (Caruncle) that adults have.

Reflections

Ceramic Sculpture Series, with flash

Stained glass window, series. With 20mm f/1.7. Early morning intense sunlight

With 20mm f/1.7

Urban, series

I carry the camera either in a small shoulder bag, or in my vest pocket when out in nature.

Hopefully, the camera will last a long time! I use Silent Mode (except for flash) , thus reducing the use of the mechanical shutter.

- Richard

-- hide signature --
 richj20's gear list:richj20's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Sony a7R II
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow