5D mark IV vs R6 vs R5

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Pocket Lint Senior Member • Posts: 1,123
Re: 5D mark IV vs R6 vs R5

gavin wrote:

For me it would be yes providing I can live with the EVF. So I will have to rent one to try it out. I think the higher resolution (for cropping), better AF and higher FPS are the winners for me.

I’m holding out to see real world tests and reviews from independent sources before I even consider it. One thing I’m not to keen on is it’s price. It’s a little steep just to get that extra 15 mega pickles coming from a 5DIV, sure the AF is better but it’s not like what I’m using now is holding me back. I get the debate, for having a hybrid stills/video camera, but it seems silly to include features that will overheat and be unusable. My stance on the matter is, if you need that type of video specs, you need a video dedicated camera!

Thats why I’m also hoping for a 5DV that’s a dedicated stills shooter, won’t overheat, won’t die after a couple hours of use and have to replace batteries. I’ll take a 5DV over Canons new mirrorless toys any day.

Pocket Lint's gear list:Pocket Lint's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow