Photographing people in the street

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Merlin5 Regular Member • Posts: 212
Re: Photographing people in the street

thaBIGbang wrote:

Always remember you got one shot to impress them thus the energy cultivating a chain reaction for your next street muse so get the shot right in camera, show it to them to get their reaction and continue to your next muse.

I think at my stage of learning, I'm not quite there yet with my skills, meaning I'm not sure I can take just one shot and get the focus and exposure dead right without trying a few times and messing with settings while the person whose permission I asked is waiting. I think that would exasperate them. So maybe I should practise on friends and family for a bit longer to hone my ability. Or maybe I'd be fine right now, I don't know. Guess I need to build confidence.

I imagine that if you're a young extremely good looking person like some of those youtubers with their own photography channels, you can point a camera in someones face and probably get away with it more. "Ooh, this young handsome man/pretty woman thinks I'm worth photographing, let me give him/her my best side!"

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow