July 2020 Part 2 — This Month Through Your Adapted Lens

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
E Dinkla Senior Member • Posts: 2,116
Re: Converted Tokina RMC 17mm 3.5

Alan WF wrote:

Nice rescue job. The borders aren't great, but they aren't too bad either. This would be a very good lens on APS-C.

I hesitate to ask, but what's with the fake cow in the second? Sculpture? The worst excesses of industrial farming?

Regards,

Alan

In the view of the corn/field I think the right edge also looks less defined, wonder if there is still some tilt in the total. Can not use my wall with the perpendicular mirror check right now.

Reinforced polyester, steel skeleton, possibly some concrete inside, that was the fast impression I got, my better half waiting further down the road. Could be a product of a creative member in the farmer's family. Given the recent clashes between the Dutch government and the farmers on the NOx emissions a synthetic cow may be a solution but this one is not in that category. There is research done here on brewing milk directly from grass in kettles. Then a small amount of cows and farmers remain in open air museums so children get to know where once the milk was made (not that they know now). The title could be From Cattle to Kettle. This will not happen in the next 50 years, more likely farmers will disrupt the rest of our society and win in the end. They will still enjoy their EU subsidies for more decades I expect.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
No photographer's gear list is complete without the printer mentioned !

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow