An XF10 make sense if I already have the 18mm f2?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
koushiro
koushiro Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: An XF10 make sense if I already have the 18mm f2?

Everybody else has pretty much hit the nail on the head, but I just recently picked up a used X70 (basically same size as XF10) for cheap and it's definitely very pocketable. My previous smallest combo was the X-T30 and 27mm f2.8. That would fit in the pocket of my large peacoat, but not really anything else. With the 18mm f2 on there, it would have to go in a bag for sure. I also love that the leaf shutter is whisper quiet with the X70.

I'd keep an eye out for the X70 as well if you're looking. It's a previous generation sensor (16MP vs 24MP) but they seem to be more or less equally regarded online. To me, the thing that stands out between them is that the X70 has a dedicated aperture ring and shutter speed dial, whereas the XF10 has no aperture ring and a PSAM dial. I was a little indifferent as to which one I ended up with, maybe with a slight preference for the X70 because of the manual controls, but I ended up finding a good deal on the X70 first so I pulled the trigger. I also think the gold XF10 is incredibly ugly and that's the one I had seen for as little as $250 on eBay. The black ones were always more expensive.

koushiro's gear list:koushiro's gear list
Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow