Your biggest hope for the K-new compared to previous bodies?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
MaciekPruski Regular Member • Posts: 253
Better Video and jpeg quality

Honestly I'm satisfied by the performance of my KP. If there is something I would really like improved, it's definitely video (focus peaking during capture, some LOG mode, better codec, mic input) and also I think there is room for improvement in jpeg quality compared to Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji etc.

I always wondered why they won't copy the jpeg settings from Ricoh GR and make them available in Pentax bodies, the GR has great jpeg output.

I'm afraid it's not going to happen though. Judging from the videos and press releases, it's going to have a newer sensor, better OVF, some AF improvement and a joystick. For me personally, that would be too little to upgrade, although the camera is probably marketed for people who still shoot K3ii and didn't like the KP. Oh well..

MaciekPruski's gear list:MaciekPruski's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
6x9
K0d
tex
K0d
K0d
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow