XC 15-45mm quality? gets dusty inside the lens easily??

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Veducci Senior Member • Posts: 1,163
Re: XC 15-45mm quality? gets dusty inside the lens easily??

Clive99 wrote:

AndyH44 wrote:

The way I feel about my loose, dusty XC 15-45 is that when it stops producing outstanding images it will be time to replace it with another.

It's such an optically good lens (at the wider end). I'd really like an XF WR version. I'd pay money for that. Doesn't help me in the middle of a hiking/climbing trip if when it fails the lens is cheap to replace.

Yeah, not bad at the wide end but zoomed out it leaves something to desire , that is , when I compared it to the xc 16-50. Actually the xc16-50 has better IQ and contrast even at the wide end.

I liked the compactness of it and the zoom by wire didn`t turn me off as it does with some users. I thought it worked quite well with regards to framing .   I was truly hoping to have it replace the larger xc16-50.

I suppose by itself it`s a rather decent all around kit lens especially a best bargain price when purchased with a body but my comparison tells me  the xc16-50 is the better kit lens.

I had to return it, somewhat reluctantly and disapointed.

Veducci's gear list:Veducci's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-A5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow