editing tips for newbie with comet pics

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Montanawildlives Senior Member • Posts: 1,309
Re: editing tips for newbie with comet pics

Somnambulist Squirrel wrote:

Maybe lighten the foreground elements carefully with the brush tool to bring out the detail there (might need to play with temp, clarity, shadows, highlights, saturation, etc. in the brush tool to get the look you want). Then, for the comet, you could zoom in, and use the brush tool carefully to bring up the whites. I might also bring down blacks across the whole image a little. Fiddle a touch with clarity also.

I'm a newb with this, too, so just spitballing here based on what I have been doing. If someone who knows what they're about says don't listen to me, then don't listen to me!

Thanks!  I think I really needed to get a clean foreground shot at ISO 100 and a long shutter speed and combine it with the sky shot with a shorter shutter speed, because the foreground is incredibly noisy when I try to work with it.

-- hide signature --
 Montanawildlives's gear list:Montanawildlives's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow