What is your favorite combo for events?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 2,023
What is your favorite combo for events?

So just throwing this out there as im curious about what other peoples setup for event photography. This saturday i am going to photograph a birthday party/event out on this field where they are supposed to celebrate with games like "Sumo wrestling" and different kinds of drinking games etc, as well as having a dinner for the guy having his birthday. The girl hiring me likes my way of shooting and want the style to be like documentary portraits, with me just snapping candids of people and documenting the event as much as possible maybe with the occasional arranged portraits of different groups.

So thats the background, i usually bring my D4 and one backup camera( i have the Leica q, another D4 and a Nikon Df) as well as like 3 lenses. Usually it will be the 70-200, 24-70 and one or two primes like the 24mm f1,4 and the 58mm f1,4.

Other great lenses i have that i usually don't bring to the events are the 105 f1,4 and the 85mm f1,4

This time i wont have access to a car and want to travel as light as i can but still be able to take some great shots of everything, so trying to slim down but optimize the setup for this event shout sacrificing anything in quality.

My gut tells me the 70-200 as most used lens  to be able to catch some good moments for the games, then the 58mm for the candid portraits , and maybe the 24 on the backup to get some nice environmental shots at the dinner and mingle party.

What is YOUR favorite setup and from my list of gear i list what would you bring as a great setup for that event ?

Cheers!

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +16 more
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow