Returning to Film: 50mm suggestions for Nikon FM3? Zeiss Planar T* f/1.4 vs Nikkor f.1.2 or f/1.4?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
robot vulture New Member • Posts: 3
Re: 50mm suggestions for Nikon FM3?

LenneMc wrote:

You forgot the Nikkor 50mm f1.8, f2. and the Series E 50mm 1.8. I have the Nikkor 50mm f1.2, and I am disappointed with the bokeh at 1.2. Rather nervous, lots of onion rings. I am starting to be impressed with the lowly 50mm f1.8 Series E (silver ring). The bokeh seems very smooth at 1.8, sharp enough, and extremely well balanced on my FM2.

Ah yes good point...  The 50/1.8 AIS is a nice lens too. Definitely worth considering. I don't have one in my kit since the 50/1.4 AIS is pretty close.

The series e i have to say i'm not a huge fan of. It didn't really seem up to the same standard as others around that focal length. Maybe i just had a bad copy.

Interesting feedback on the 50/1.2.. have you tried the 50/1.4? Any thoughts on it in comparison? There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews of the 1.2. I'm pretty happy with the zeiss 50/1.4 ZF2 so i'll just stick with that 

robot vulture's gear list:robot vulture's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow