Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
janez Contributing Member • Posts: 555
Re: Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

MitchAlsup wrote:

janez wrote:

In my case, last year I wanted to buy a 500 prime but didn't do it because of the uncertainty about 5DV and 7D3. So now I have money for a new camera and a very expensive tele lens. Switching is becoming more and more easy.

Being a Canon fan, I don't want to switch but I don't want to be forced to buy things that are a step backwards like the current EVF.

What do you mean with "backwards like the current EVF"?

The current EVFs are not suitable for sports and wildlife shooters.

I agree that OVF looks better but that doesn't necessary means that it delivers better resoults. There are several dissadvantages of mirrorless but I think EVF is no one of them. Zero lag OVF doesn't help much with really fast action because photographer can not react in time to get a perfect shot. High framerate is important and also focusing methods that mirrorless can deliver and are not possible on OVF.

The only people using high frame rates back in the film era were news photographers.

The rest of us had to buy our own film and processing.

But you don't have to use new cameras in the same way as old ones.

I think there is a lot of people prefering EF mount because they have nice collection of perfectly good lens and they don't want to trade rhem for different reasons. I am sure Canon will offer at least one more new camera generation for them.

janez's gear list:janez's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon Extender EF 2x II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow